Gimple, Randy W.
Randy W. Gimple is one of the founding partners of Carlson, Calladine & Peterson LLP. He represents parties in cases involving catastrophic fires, explosions, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, equipment failures, automobile accidents and other calamities. For example, Mr. Gimple has handled numerous wildland fire cases in California, Texas and other states, as well as floods, rocket-fuel explosions, a train derailment, a multiple-fatality gas pipeline explosion and hundreds of structure fires. Mr. Gimple’s clients include companies in the computer, electrical utility, telecommunications, aerospace, semiconductor and heavy manufacturing industries.
Mr. Gimple has an in-depth knowledge of forensic investigation techniques, the admissibility of technical and scientific evidence, tort liability, governmental liability, inverse condemnation, express and implied indemnity and the measure of complex business damages. He is a published author and speaker in matters involving catastrophic loss investigation, spoliation of evidence, multi-party litigation strategies and wildland fire litigation. He has an AV rating with Martindale-Hubbell and is admitted to the California State Courts, all U.S. District Courts in California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is also a member of the National Fire Protection Association, International Association of Arson Investigators and California Conference of Arson Investigators. He has also served as an invited Subject Matter Expert for the National Wildland Fire Coordination Group in its development of curricula for teaching principles of wildland fire litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Injury Defense
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Property Insurance
- Wildland Fire Litigation
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. – 1987
- Law Review: Syracuse Law Review, Lead Articles Editor, 1986 – 1987
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina
- B.A. – 1983
- Major: Spanish and Political Science
- University of Madrid, Spain
- Study of Spanish Literature, Art and History
- Instructor of Legal Writing and Oral Advocacy, 1986 – 1987
- Panelist, National Wildland Fire Litigation Conference, yearly from 2007 through 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Fire Protection Association, Member
- International Association of Arson Investigators, Member
- California Conference of Arson Investigators, Member